Katrina Research Center (KRC)

Katrina Research Center (KRC)
Katrina Research Center at USM

Monday, September 20, 2010

Sept. 13 - 17 (3rd week)

This past week at the KRC involved preparation for the "Life in a Snapshot" and "Art at Gulf Park" exhibits. I feel like I really impressed Dr. Nuwer and Shugana by creating a detailed exhibition map for the entire library. I also worked hard on flyer blurbs and an easel board for both exhibits, and am getting really excited about the September 23rd opening. This week was a great preparatory time on all of the little nuances required in material and information gathering going into an exhibit.

I also submitted a proposal for the Gulf Coast Disaster Repository (GCDR). It is an idea I had for an integrated digital natural disaster database linked to the Katrina Research Center. I will follow-up on what direction this went on next week's blog. I ended the week by communicating with a picture archive submission of Katrina numbering in over 1,000 photos. We are gathering technical metadata from the submission and forwarding it to the Mississippi Digital Library (sic) next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment